This, my friends, is a sign of a Saturday well spent.
We had friends over to celebrate a birthday after kiddos were in bed. The birthday girl requested a fruity cake and I knew just what to make to satisfy that craving. Even better, it’s dairy free!!!
This recipe makes the most moist, delicious, banana-y cake I’ve ever eaten. Everybody that had some wanted it for their own birthday celebrations and declared it the best cake ever. Then I was told I needed to share it with all of you 🙂 My husband, who is not much of a sweets kind of guy, ate two hunks of it.
I’d like to thank a friend of mine for sharing the recipe on which this recipe was based!
This recipe is a win, I hope you enjoy it!
Yellow Banana Cream Cake
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix (The Duncan Hines Moist Delux version is DAIRY FREE!!!)
- 1 Box Banana Cream Pudding Mix (3.7 oz)(The Jello brand is in fact DAIRY FREE according to their packaging and the representative I spoke with concerning the issue)
- 1 1/2 Cup of Water
- 3 Large Eggs or Egg Substitute to Equal 3 Eggs
- 1 Generous Teaspoonful Vanilla Extract
- 1 Recipe Vanilla Frosting
- Sliced and Sugared Strawberries
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Grease and lightly flour two round cake pans.
- Mix together the cake mix, pudding mix, water, egg, and vanilla extract with mixer on low speed to moisten, and then at medium high speed for 2 minutes.
- Divide batter evenly between cake pans and bake for 22 minutes or until toothpick when inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Wash and slice your strawberries, put them in a medium bowl, and sprinkle with powdered sugar,
- Cover the bowl and place in the fridge until you’re ready to top the cake.
- When the cake is done, let it cool completely before you frost it.
- Frost your cake with Vanilla Frosting and top with the sliced and sugared strawberries.
- Viola! You have made a glorious dairy free cake!
One quick note, make sure to refrigerate this cake if you have any left over!